The Aurelius Cycles Workshop is the hub of the business, and it forms the base of everything else we do. Alongside building handmade bikes, we also offer a traditional workshop service.
With over 20 years of experience in servicing and building all types of bikes, when you come to us you can expect the very highest level of customer service. With a keen eye for the small details, we hope to embark on a long lasting relationship. We genuinely believe that all of our customers are equal, regardless of the size of the job, so you can always be assured of a warm welcome and an approach that will convince you that you’ve made the right choice in working with us.
With professional bike-fitting and strong manufacturing links backing up our strong workshop heritage, we will provide you with a service to enhance your cycling experience.
Workshop Open: 10AM - 5PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. For more information or to book a fitting/service, please contact us.
Prices for other smaller jobs are included below. All prices quoted are for labour only. The cost of any replacement parts are in addition to this. We only replace parts when absolutely necessary.
Build-up of frame and components - £150, £100 if just the frame was bought from us, £75 if components bought as well
Puncture repair - £7
Brake service - £15 per caliper
Brake service hydraulic - £35 per brake
Gear service - £15 front and rear
Headset replacement - £25
Headset service - £15
Swapping a cassette - £5
Swapping a cassette/chainrings inc retune - £45
Fitting bar tape - £12
Fitting chain - £5
BB replace - £20
Wheel true - £15 per wheel
Hub service - £15 front £20 rear
Wheel build - £40 per wheel, plus spokes
Fork steerer cutting - £15
Safety check and crash damage assessment - £25
Our bike services come in three key packages, each level more comprehensive than the last.
BRONZE PACKAGE - £40
- Seat post removed, cleaned and re-fitted with clamp correctly tightened to recommended torque
- Brakes checked (new pads fitted if required)
- Gears checked/re-aligned
- Cranks checked & correctly tightened to recommended torque
- Tyres checked and inflated correctly (replaced if required)
- Headset and handlebar assembly checked and correctly tightened to recommended torque
SILVER PACKAGE - £80
- Same as bronze plus the following
- Complete drive system removed including pedals, chainset, bottom bracket, chain, cassette and both derailleurs. All cleaned and refitted or replaced if worn
- Frame wiped down and checked for damage/cracks
- Wheels trued
GOLD PACKAGE - £120 (Road) £150 (MTB)
- Same as silver plus the following
- Bike fully stripped down to the bare frame. Frame wiped down/checked for damage/cracks
- Wheel hubs stripped down and re-greased
- Headset removed and greased
All prices are based on a rate of £45/hour